Skip To Content

Contact Us

2401 Crow Canyon Rd
San Ramon
Business Phone(925) 973-2700
Fax(925) 838-2925

Listed below are some of our most frequently asked questions. To view the answer, please click on the question. If the information provided does not answer your question, please go to our Citizen's Request Management (CRM) page by clicking here and select the appropriate topic. Your request will be handled by the appropriate staff member.

Click on any question to read the corresponding answer:

Where is the Police Department located?

The main location for the San Ramon Police Department is at 2401 Crow Canyon Road, San Ramon, CA 94583.

Is the San Ramon Police Department open 24 hours a day?

Operationally, yes; however, the police department's front doors close to the public at 5:00 pm. The business office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am and 5:00 pm and closed weekends and holidays.

Where is your Dispatch Center located?

Dispatching services for the San Ramon Police Department is provided through the San Ramon Valley 9-1-1 Communications Center. To reach our Communications Center to report a crime or any suspicious activity, please call (925) 973-2779.

If you are in close proximity to the freeway, 9-1-1 calls placed from a cell phone in the San Ramon Valley may be automatically directed to the California Highway Patrol Golden Gate Communications Center in Vallejo before being routed back to our Communications Center.

We strongly recommend you program (925) 973-2779 in your cellular telephone to ensure you have direct contact with our Communications Center.

How do I make an Anonymous Tip?

In-progress crimes should be reported to 911 immediately or Police Dispatch at (925) 973-2779.
The San Ramon Police Department uses CRM as a method for citizens of the community to provide information to the police about suspicious activity and criminal actions within their neighborhoods anonymously. Filling out your CONTACT INFORMATION (your Name, Address, City, Zip Code, E-Mail Address, Home Phone Number, Alternate Phone Number) portion of the CRM is optional.

Does the department offer fingerprinting services?

Yes, fingerprinting services are provided by appointment only Monday through Friday. Hours vary by day. For more information or to BOOK AN APPOINTMENT.

How do I apply for a CCW Permit?

To apply for a Concealed Weapons (or CCW) Permit as a full-time resident of Contra Costa County, please visit the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office's CCW Permit webpage. The site includes a link to the application as well as detailed information on the process and qualifications to obtain a permit.

For more information about the Sheriff Office's CCW Permit application process, please contact the CCW Coordinator by telephone at 925-655-0059, or by email at

How do I commend an employee for good work or make a complaint?

Commendations, Constructive Criticisms, Grievances or Complaints may be made by filing out a Citizen Report form. Print out and complete form, which may be turned in at the Police Department's Front Counter during business hours or mailed directly to the Chief of Police. To speak with the on-duty watch commander, contact non-emergency dispatch at (925) 973-2779.

What is a False Alarm?

The San Ramon Police Department administers the City's False Alarm ordinance, which is designed to make alarm systems more effective and to reduce the number of police responses to "False Alarms."

"False Alarm" means the activation of an Alarm System when, upon observance by police, there is no evidence of unauthorized entry, burglary or other such crime attempted in or on the premises.

Civil penalties for police response to False Alarms with a Permit Year may be assessed against an Alarm User. A warning letter will be issued for the first False Alarm within a Permit Year; however, the second False Alarm (and any additional) within a Permit Year will be charged the following fines:


False Alarm Fee Schedule

 Number of False Alarms

  Action Taken Fines 
 1 Written Warning $0
 2 Written Notice $50
 3 Written Notice $150
 4 and above Written Notice $300

For questions about effectively managing your alarm system, False Alarm fees, or to update your commercial emergency contact information please call Clauvette Hartway at (925) 973-2792 or email

Is there a juvenile curfew in the City of San Ramon?

Yes, there is a juvenile curfew in the City of San Ramon. San Ramon Ordinance B7-231 prohibits juveniles from loitering or being in public Sunday through Thursday between 10 pm and one half hour before sunrise and Saturday and Sunday between one minute after midnight and one half hour before sunrise.

The following exceptions apply:
When accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or other adult person entrusted with the minor's care and custody by a parent or legal guardian; or when on an errand for a parent; or when going to or returning directly home from a bona fide meeting, dance, party, recreational activity, night classes, study, library, church or school function, or theater; or when going directly to or returning directly home from lawful employment.

Curfew is enforced throughout the year. This curfew is separate from the graduated driver license requirements set forth by DMV.

What are the City's Municipal Codes?

City Municipal Codes govern zoning/building violations, junk, debris, litter, abandoned vehicles/RV's/boats, graffiti, fire hazards, illegal signs, and garbage containers in public view. These are the most common municipal code violations handled by the City. For a complete list, please see the City of San Ramon's Municipal Code.

Do you provide car seat inspections?

The San Ramon Police Department offers fee-based car seat inspections by appointment Tuesday through Friday. We provide inspections to San Ramon residents and non-residents by appointment only. For more information, please visit our Car Seat Inspection page or call (925) 973-2700.

How do I complain about a barking dog?

The San Ramon Police Department contracts through Contra Costa County for Animal Services in Martinez, CA. Please call (925) 608-8400 to make your complaint, as they are the agency responsible for making contact with dog owners. Their hours are Tuesday through Friday 8 am - 9:00 pm. If the barking dog problem is after hours, you should call our 24-hour, non-emergency Dispatch number (925) 973-2779 and request a San Ramon Police unit be dispatched.

Please visit the Contra Costa Animal Services page for more information. Take a survey regarding Contra Costa Animal Services.

What is the Neighborhood Watch Program?

Neighborhood Watch is a community - law enforcement partnership and crime prevention program. For more information, visit our Neighborhood Watch page.

Does the City of San Ramon have a leash law?

Yes. Any dog, cat or other animal in a park facility must be kept on a leash and under the full control of its owner at all times, per City of San Ramon Municipal Code B5-27. The fine in San Ramon is $100 for the first violation, $200 for the second and a maximum of $550 per additional violation within the same calendar year.

If you wish to let your dog run free, please visit one of these San Ramon Dog Parks with designated off-leash areas: Bark and Ride, Del Mar Dog Park, Memorial Park or the Tassajara Ridge Staging Area.

In addition, here are "10 Reasons Why Using A Leash Is A 'Doggone' No-Brainer."